The struggles and excitements of moving.
Students, the end is near and the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter everyday. With that the excitement of finding your summer home or for some moving home is upon you as well and if your anything like me this causes more stress then family drama at Christmas.
Pack this, move this, throw this out – the process of moving can take days and weeks and lets not forget that once you get all your junk (because really 99% of what we move is junk) to the new location you have to UNPACK – UGH THE HORROR.
So although it is exciting the long dread process can be managed with these few tips to help your moving go a little quicker and easier:
1. Start early. Take rooms/areas on day by day instead of trying to do it all in one
2.BUY storage totes. Card board boxes are so passe and storage totes are the gift that keeps on giving
3. PURGE. No you don’t need to keep that one pencil and half used loose leaf or you know that shirt that’s too small – ya you won’t fit in it as quick as you think! (Plus new clothes are much more fun!)
4. I think BuzzFeed sums the rest of Moving Hacks quiet nicely
Not only are they a fabulous fashion accessory, sunglasses are a key factor when it comes to maintaining good eye health. Think about how we rely and under appreciate the value of clear eyesight.
Now that the sun is FINALLY starting to come out from hiding, it’s time to dig out your shades and make them apart of your everyday routine. But why, you ask? Dr. Kerry Beebe, O.D. from FOX News will tell you 5 good reasons why!
1. UV Protection … Need I say more?
2. Blue-Light Protection. Long-term exposure to the blue and violet portion of the solar spectrum has been implicated as a risk factor for macular degeneration, especially for individuals that are “sun sensitive.”
3. Comfortable vision, because we all know how annoying it can be to be blinded by the light
4. Dark adaptation. Spending just two or three hours in bright sunlight can hamper the eyes’ ability to adapt quickly to nighttime or indoor light levels. This can make driving at night after spending a day in the sun more hazardous.
5. Skin Cancer. Cancer of the eyelids and skin around the eyes is more common than people think. People should wear sunglasses outdoors whether they are working, driving, participating in sports, taking a walk, running errands or doing anything in the sun.
So ladies, it’s time to go shopping ! Here’s a little something from me to you – a complete sunglasses guide to help you pick the best shape and size that fits your beautiful features!
For me birthdays have always been a big deal, no matter whose it is it is mandatory to celebrate it to its fullest. Seeing it is the day we entered the world, why is it that most of us, especially him, tend to think of it as just another day? I decided to write this post for two reasons: One. ALL birthdays no matter the age should feel special and that is an act that your family and friends should take upon themselves to do for you. And two. my better half’s birthday is quickly approaching and I’ve been on the prow looking for ways to make him just as excited as he is.
Now ladies, its no secret that when it comes to gifts and presents the majority of the time we know and have put much thought into exactly what we want but when it comes to the mister it always seems to be a challenge. With that I must admit I appreciate their kindness in not “wanting” anything, but really guys it makes our job a whole lot harder. I mean I can only give you a case of beer so many times!
So I dedicate this post to his birthday –and explore with you with that once again the wonderful world of Pintrest has given me for ideas when it comes to celebrating your other half.
1. Theme cakes – because everyone likes cake.
2. Making all day special with gifts every hour ! (Don’t feel that each gift has to be grand and $$; plan it out and mix it up!)
3. The Man Bouquet
4. DYI Gifts
5. Surprise Date Night – Plan your own personal pub crawl and have everything prepaid for before you get there and a reservation to make him feel VIP on his special day!
The Morning Woes
As I begin my long journey into the professional working world, mornings seem to be my biggest challenge. From hair to make-up and shoes to outfits theres a lot that goes into a morning that effects the rest of your day!
In my past two PR co-ops I’ve begin to notice a trend, I call it the “WTF to WOW”. This trend varies between people. The WTF which includes: people who dress like they just stepped out of grandmas closet, jeans/sweat pants in the office, and last but not least (and surely not limited too) the people who evidently rolled out of bed and got dressed in the dark. The WTF then leads to the other extreme of the WOW. The WOW includes: the people who woke up at 5 to spend 2-3 hours on their hair and make up along (I mean really, who has time for that?), the one girl in the office that always has the highest heels on no matter what she’s wearing, and again finally, but not limited to, the girl that looks amazing no matter what and makes you want to run home put your Lulus on and hide.
So young professionals, I would like to suggest a trend that demonstrates a happy medium of the two. I call this trend the “I did it,” this trend is a nice combo of the two where you still look fabulous but you only got up an hour and a half to do so. Thanks to the wonderful world of Pintrest, I have compiled a few of my favourite looks that perfectly show the “I did it” look.
Why is it that after a weekend of fun and relaxing, when Monday morning rolls around our hair (or mine at least) decides to have a mind of it’s own? I mean really aren’t Mondays already awful enough?
I don’t know about you but on weekends I use my spare time to actually try these cute and easy styles I see on Pintrest, specifically for days such as Mondays when I don’t even want to be out of my bed. And it’s always the case that it works perfectly that weekend, then Monday strolls in and BAM nothing works.
Maybe it’s because I don’t shower in the mornings, because really I like to sleep in then go through the hassle of a shower. So ladies, sorry gents, I present you with a few of my favorite
“Oh My God I want to shave my head but JK I love my hair too much” hairstyles for those Mondays nothing seems to work!
1. This sleek do only takes a minute and looks professional enough for work.
2. Make your ponytail POP by propping it up with two hair elastics
3. I just rolled out of bed but still look good, messy bun
4. Yesterdays curls, because day 2 is always better
5. The low/side pony
6. Last but not least, the messy side braid
Ladies, it’s those days where we need to stick to the simple styles. If you don’t feel the need to shower but are struggling, throw your hair into the sink to get it wet, but don’t wash it ! When you’re having a bad hair what’s your go-to style – share them here, I would love to hear them!
Guess Who’s Back … Again!
After 18 years from their first debut international album and 21 years after coming together, BSB has officially went public with the announcement of their World Tour starting this spring.
AHHHHHH! As a ’90s child how can this not be the BEST news ever, not to mention the fact they’ll be coming to the city! EEK! The five men together again for their world tour will have singer/song writer Jesse McCartney (um….YAY!) and DJ Pauly D (odd but okay) as the openers. As the tour expands over seas, openers changed based on location and it has been rumoured that female punk-pop star, Avril Laving will be joining the BSB at some of their shows in the US (sounds more like a headliner to me but hey whatever will boost ticket sales, right?)
Notice how I mentioned ALL FIVE men will be on tour, yes you read right Kevin (far right) has re-joined A.J., Howie, Nick and Brian after leaving the band in 2006. It was announced back in April 2012 that Kevin had re-joined permanently, since the men have been working on preparing to go the “In a World Like This” tour.
With over a 120 shows/stops on the tour, I can say proudly that this Maritime girl is over the moon that they’ve added us to their list. With a little over a month until the concert, you best believe my new ‘most recent playlist’ will only consist of BSB and Jesse McCartney.
Stay tuned for BSB trivia, fun facts and lots of excited/countdown post !
Until then I leave with the BSB Hits Playlist, enjoy !