Not only are they a fabulous fashion accessory, sunglasses are a key factor when it comes to maintaining good eye health. Think about how we rely and under appreciate the value of clear eyesight.
Now that the sun is FINALLY starting to come out from hiding, it’s time to dig out your shades and make them apart of your everyday routine. But why, you ask? Dr. Kerry Beebe, O.D. from FOX News will tell you 5 good reasons why!
1. UV Protection … Need I say more?
2. Blue-Light Protection. Long-term exposure to the blue and violet portion of the solar spectrum has been implicated as a risk factor for macular degeneration, especially for individuals that are “sun sensitive.”
3. Comfortable vision, because we all know how annoying it can be to be blinded by the light
4. Dark adaptation. Spending just two or three hours in bright sunlight can hamper the eyes’ ability to adapt quickly to nighttime or indoor light levels. This can make driving at night after spending a day in the sun more hazardous.
5. Skin Cancer. Cancer of the eyelids and skin around the eyes is more common than people think. People should wear sunglasses outdoors whether they are working, driving, participating in sports, taking a walk, running errands or doing anything in the sun.
So ladies, it’s time to go shopping ! Here’s a little something from me to you – a complete sunglasses guide to help you pick the best shape and size that fits your beautiful features!